Backup for every eventuality
In an ideal world you’ll never need your backup, if you do, Newfox will ensure restoring your business data is a smooth stress free process. Newfox provide backup solutions for businesses via our carefully selected industry partners, Acronis, Symantec and Veritas. Whatever the infrastructure local or cloud we have a solution to provide you with complete peace of mind.
Acronis Online Backup
Backup is one thing you don’t want to spend time worrying about. You just want to know that it works and that it’s in safe hands. That is precisely what Acronis Online Backup delivers. Your backup is fully automated and vetted by the Newfox team.
Acronis Cloud Backup supported and managed by Newfox you know your backup is secure.
- Automatic – The backup is fully automated and requires zero effort from your team
- Secure – Your data is encrypted before it leaves your computer
- Offsite – You don’t have to remember to take tapes offsite. This is an essential component of your disaster recovery plan
- Global access – You can restore from any Internet-connected computer
- No Capex – It requires no expensive hardware investment
We can usually do all the setup remotely with no interruption to your business. Call for further information.
Newfox Backup and Disaster Recovery
Business continuity is a challenge facing many businesses. The failure of a business-critical system could present major problems to your business. You need to know that you will be back up and running within minutes even hours, not days or potentially weeks. Newfox BDR is a fully automatic service that delivers rapid recovery, reducing the window of down-time to just a few hours. It is managed and monitored by Newfox, giving you a more reliable IT backup and reduced business risk.
Newfox’s Backup and Disaster Recovery service is based on server imaging, not file-by-file backup. It takes frequent snapshots of your entire system to reduce your data loss window from one day to just a few hours. A backup of the whole system eliminates the risk of omitting important data from your backup, with this backup being fully encrypted. This is all done automatically. Newfox also run an initial test restore followed by annual recovery test of your servers, ensuring that your business is always protected against the unexpected.
Complete peace of mind
The Newfox Backup and Disaster Recovery service gives you:
- One system covering IT backup and disaster recovery.
- Data backup and file restore
- Off-site storage of backup images in a UK data store
- Rapid server recovery to minimise down-time in the event of a server failure or disaster
- Free loan server for up to two weeks
- Annual server recovery demonstration
In the event of a server failure we restore your latest off-site image to a Newfox standby server and either courier or deliver the server to your office ready to go. We provide you with a loan server for up to two weeks, so you can continue to work while your original server is repaired or replaced. In the event of a disaster at your site we ship the loan server to a location of your choice. We do all the software installation, configuration and management of all the backups. Newfox are specialists in ensuring business continuity, so stop leaving yours down to chance and get in touch.
The Newfox Backup and Disaster Recovery implementation process is as follows:
- Identify all critical servers and data
- Assess the need for on-site storage requirements
- Check applications that could impact the backup by creating very large snapshots – databases, e-mail archive files, video applications
- If issues are identified, advise of changes required for server configurations and storage
- Install backup software on the servers
- Create the initial on-site backup
- Set up monitoring and management at Newfox. This includes:
- Success of the on-site backup (alerts if two consecutive failures)
- Warning if a queue of pending transfers is building up
- Success of the off-site transfer
- Loss of communication with the on-site server or off-site store
- Verification and integrity checks of the on-site images and the off-site images
- Transfer the initial backup to the data centre. Because the initial backup contains all the data, not just changes, it can be very large. It is transferred either via the Internet or by physical transport of the on-site backup disk to the data centre and manual loading of the data
- On completion of initial backups, we perform a test recovery from the off-site images
- We continue to run the BDR service as a trial for first month. During this time we conduct fine tuning of the backups and the off-site transfer process
Stop leaving your business open to the unexpected and let Newfox help you with our Backup and Disaster Recovery service.